Experienced Harrisburg CPAs Handle Forensic Accounting
Skilled investigative services for a variety of circumstances
The term forensic refers to the application of scientific methods and techniques to an investigation. Thus, forensic accounting is the process of examining business records to discover evidence pertinent to a criminal or civil proceeding. At Breon & Associates, we assist companies or their attorneys with internal investigations and we provide litigation support services for a variety of civil actions. Our team is comprised of reputable professionals with decades of experience in forensic work. When you retain our services, you can rely on our professionalism and complete discretion as we work meticulously to discern the truth as it relates to business and personal financial records.
Due diligence for your business transaction
Often, a company hires a forensic accounting service before committing to a major business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition. In such a case, our team examines the target business’ books to make sure there have been no errors or misrepresentations. Besides looking for clues of bad faith, we also perform a complete valuation of the target business, so our client company has a reliable basis for closing the deal, renegotiating, or walking away.
We also represent companies on the other end of a transaction. In such cases, we might be asked to perform an accounting cleanup, so our client has a better understanding of their company’s true value before agreeing to a deal.
Civil claims and litigation support services
There are times when a close examination of financial records is necessary to resolve a contractual claim or a legal dispute. Our accountancy team assists clients in such matters as:
- Insurance claims — If you suffer a business or personal loss due to a natural disaster, or another circumstance for which you are covered under an insurance policy, you may need to support your claim with forensic findings. For example, if you want to recover for lost wages or lost business income, you must have evidence to support amounts you are claiming. A close examination of your books can reveal whether you had a reasonable expectation of earning what you claim if not for the covered event.
- Divorce — for disputes over property division, forensic accounting can provide family business valuations, as well as evidence of hidden assets and fraudulent transfers of marital assets.
- Fraud — Business officers who suspect that irregularities in their accounting might be due to employee fraud or embezzlement can get the answers they need from a forensic examination.
- Breach of fiduciary duty — Company shareholders or trust beneficiaries may have reason to suspect that a fiduciary has been negligent or dishonest in the handling of assets. A forensic examination of records can reveal whether the fiduciary performed reasonably. If not, the fiduciary could be held personally liable for losses.
- Probate — Prior to the settling of an estate, all assets must be identified and all legitimate claims paid. Forensic accounting is often necessary to find assets and assess their value, as well as to determine whether a claim against the estate should be honored.
Under any of these circumstances, our polished team of professionals can provide the reliable evidence necessary to resolve your most urgent issues.
Contact Breon & Associates in Harrisburg for reliable forensic accounting services
Breon & Associates performs forensic examinations of business and personal financial records to help our clients make decisions, settle claims and litigate legal disputes. Such matters depend on the quality and reliability of the evidence uncovered in the records. Fortunately, when you retain Breon & Associates, you can be confident in our professional ability and our discretion. With offices in Harrisburg and South Central PA, Breon & Associates provides business, accounting and tax services throughout Pennsylvania, New York, North Carolina and Florida. Call us at 1-888-516-8476 or 717-273-8626, or contact one of our offices online to schedule an appointment.
415 Market Street, Suite #205
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Camp Hill Office:
3461 Market Street, Ste 101
Camp Hill, PA 17011
901 Dawn Avenue, Suite A
Ephrata, PA 17522
3 Park Plaza, Suite 207
Wyomissing, PA 19610