Accounting Firm in Harrisburg and Williamsport Uses Internal Audits to Spur Business Process Improvements
Seasoned professionals deliver value by helping to optimize efficiency
An efficient business process is a valuable company asset. In fact, some companies patent their unique methods, while others maintain theirs as closely guarded trade secrets. Unfortunately, too many companies are using outdated methods that slow productivity, burden resources, stifle growth and drain profits. What about your company’s business processes? Are you sure you’re employing the best practices in your industry to maximize your efficiency? If you have any doubts, you should call Breon & Associates. Our knowledgeable accountants are also accomplished business owners. We’ve worked across a wide range of industries for companies large and small, so we’ve been able to observe, assess and remedy processes to enhance productivity, quality and value.
Examining processes to discover and alleviate areas of concern
The purpose of a business process is to allow a company to replicate and deliver its products or services quickly and cost-effectively, while maintaining quality. Do your processes do that? Consider these questions:
- Do orders wait in your pipeline before fulfillment begins?
- Do projects sit unfinished waiting for the next stage in the process?
- Do you face occasional shortages of supplies or materials?
- Are your storage costs too high?
- Do you pay late fees on a semi-regular basis?
- Are you paying too much in overtime, or is office moral suffering because you ask exempt employees to work unpaid overtime?
- Do you suffer regular losses due to breakage, spoilage or theft?
- Do you get cancellations due to inordinate waits for fulfillment?
- Do you have a higher than acceptable level of returned merchandise?
- Do you have more than occasional difficulty collecting amounts owed?
- Do you deal with escalations on accounts too often?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, you have an area of concern in your business process which you must address.
Auditing for business process deficiencies
Assessing an organization’s business processes is a typical function of internal audit. This is important function adds value to your company. If you don’t have an internal audit function or your own department is not up to the task, Breon & Associates is ready to help. We can pinpoint where your organization is at risk. Areas where we regularly help include:
- Process documentation and monitoring — Take the guesswork out of how things work with solutions to track every stage of your business.
- Process development and modification — If it’s been a while since you engineered the business processes you use, you might want to update your practices. New software, improved materials, different suppliers, retraining for your staff and other modifications can make a great difference.
By identifying the areas where efficiency breaks down, we can diagnose the problems in your business processes. We work closely with your staff to develop accurate benchmarks and to implement industry best practices to remediate the situation. And, since ongoing monitoring is essential to continued improvement, we work with your staff to improve the internal controls that deliver critical, timely data to empower your management team.
Contact Breon & Associates in Harrisburg and Williamsport for assessments that boost your company’s efficiency
To determine whether your company is doing what you do in the best way possible, let Breon & Associates evaluate your business processes. With offices in Harrisburg and South Central PA, Breon & Associates helps companies of all sizes implement solutions that fit their needs. Call us at 1-888-516-8476 or 717-273-8626, or contact one of our offices online to schedule an appointment.
415 Market Street, Suite #205
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Camp Hill Office:
3461 Market Street, Ste 101
Camp Hill, PA 17011
901 Dawn Avenue, Suite A
Ephrata, PA 17522
3 Park Plaza, Suite 207
Wyomissing, PA 19610