Harrisburg CPAs Help Landscaping Companies Rake In Greater Profits
Our advanced accounting services, tax planning and fraud prevention put you in clover
Industry analysts predict steady growth for landscaping care and maintenance businesses over the next several years. Outside drivers include an uptick in housing starts, a warming of the housing market, and an overall improvement in the U.S. economy. Thus, homebuilders will want landscapers to put the finishing touches on new properties, while homeowners who have a little extra cash will want to spruce up their homes in hopes that greater curb appeal will bring a better return on sale. Finally, aging adults are more likely to contract with a service provider when the gardening they’ve enjoyed (or just tolerated) becomes too greater a chore. Now the question becomes, “Is your business ready to take advantage of budding opportunities?” Breon & Associates provides accounting services that give businesses a competitive advantage. We have ample experience assisting landscapers, so you can rely on your industry specific knowledge to help your business grow and produce greater returns.
Reliable information maximizes benefits while identifying and minimizing risk
Industry analyst IBISWorld expects the landscaping industry to continue with annualized growth of 1.2 percent for the next five years. This outlook is based on various assumptions, including that “Greater construction activity will also drive industry growth as new single-family homes, shopping centers, corporate and institutional campuses and hotels are built and require industry services.” However, there are challenges for landscaping as well. As a traditional service, landscaping relies on labor, and has not been able to take advantage of technological innovations to reduce those costs. Landscaping is also subject to revenue volatility, which can make long-range planning risky, especially when that planning involves capital expenditures for new equipment. But, if there are thorns among the roses, accurate information from our skilled accounting team can help ensure you don’t get stuck.
How reliable accounting can boost your landscaping business
Breon & Associates provides basic accounting services that are essential for any business. But our team is comprised of successful small business owners who are also experts in forensic accounting and fraud prevention. We provide robust services that include:
- Accounting and accounting cleanup — If your books are in disarray, which is not uncommon for a small business, our professionals can straighten out your accounts to eliminate wasteful losses due to bank late fees and other issues. We can also help improve your cash flow, so you can be less reliant on credit in your operations.
- Financial statements — We can provide an audit, review, or compilation of your financial statements. Give your stakeholders that added level of assurance. Also, gain comfort that the numbers you are using to make important decisions are accurate.
- Taxation planning — Are you getting the full benefit of the recent changes in business taxation? For example, depreciation costs are relatively high for the landscaping industry purchases of new equipment account for a significant share of a company’s revenue. If you recently bought or are planning to buy a lawn mower, truck, trailer, or computer we can show you how to maximize the benefit of your depreciation allowance.
- Risk assessment — Do you know where your business is most vulnerable to losses due to liability, waste and fraud? Our forensic accountants can pinpoint your weaknesses and suggest proven remedies.
- Fraud investigation — Can you say with certainty you’re not the victim of internal fraud? Common schemes include procurement fraud, labor fraud, and theft of materials and equipment. If the numbers don’t seem to add up, we can tell you where the problem lies.
In a highly competitive, labor intensive industry, companies need to find a competitive advantage wherever they can. The enhanced efficiency and protection you get from Breon & Associates can put the bloom on your landscaping business.
Contact our Harrisburg CPAs for advanced accounting to boost your landscaping business
Breon & Associates helps landscapers grow better businesses. If you want your services to maximize profit by avoiding unnecessary losses, we are the CPA firm to see. Call us at 1-888-516-8476 or 717-273-8626, or contact one of our offices online to schedule an appointment.
415 Market Street, Suite #205
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Camp Hill Office:
3461 Market Street, Ste 101
Camp Hill, PA 17011
901 Dawn Avenue, Suite A
Ephrata, PA 17522
3 Park Plaza, Suite 207
Wyomissing, PA 19610