Harrisburg CPAs Offer Reliable Assistance with Fraud Investigations
Experienced forensic accountants provide professional services to address a crisis in your company
Fraud is an ever-present threat, and the consequences of unchecked fraud can be devastating to your company. It’s vitally important to put controls in place that reduce your risk and alert you whenever the warning signs of fraud are present. But, what should you do if you already suspect your company is being preyed upon? Naturally, you’ve got to identify the source of your losses, end the predation and hold the wrongdoers accountable. However, you’ve got to take these steps professionally and prudently, or the whole situation could blow up on you. Fortunately, Breon & Associates has the precise knowledge and experience to help you manage your internal investigations. Working closely with your legal and accounting departments, we capably search for the evidence you need to arrive at the appropriate solution.
The experience you need to manage your internal fraud investigation
Breon & Associates has taken the lead role in internal investigations and served in support of company efforts to uncover fraud and corruption that has included a range of issues from bribery, kickbacks and embezzlement to allegations of sexual harassment. Our tasks generally include:
- Lead investigators under outside legal counsel or in-house counsel
- Reviewing the company’s investigation results
- Assessing the organization’s investigative protocols
- Training company employees working in human resources, compliance, security, and internal audit in forensic investigation methods and protocols
If you suspect fraud, acting on your own without professional guidance can have unintended consequence, such as violating an employee’s rights and exposing your company to civil rights liability. The better course is to contact experienced professionals, such as your attorney and Breon & Associates, rather than exercising “self-help” that can come back to haunt you. The advantages of working with us include:
- Crisis management — Every second counts when your organization is in jeopardy. Our team of professionals can respond within hours. We understand that any internal investigation can have a ripple effect on company morale, so we conduct ourselves with the utmost discretion at all times.
- Limited business disruption — If fraud against your company becomes public, the negative publicity can create a disruption within your organization. We operate discretely to minimize our investigation’s footprint, so your operations can continue as usual.
- Experience — While other CPA firms lay claim to expertise, Breon & Associates can point to substantial and extensive experience leading and supporting fraud investigations for small and mid-sized businesses.
When you partner with us for your internal fraud investigation, you get cool, competent professionals who are fully capable of taking charge or offering robust support for all of your efforts.
Sophisticated fraud detection methods at your disposal
Our experience informs us that organizational leaders learn about internal fraud primarily in two ways:
- A whistleblower makes a report through a hotline or other mechanism
- Data analytics identify an anomaly that raises a red flag
Breon & Associates can help your company establish and maintain a hotline. However, the messages you receive through a hotline still require analysis and verification. That’s where are predicative analytics come in.
We use hotline data points in the fraud modeling we conduct through FraudSeeker, our unique forensic tool designed to pinpoint areas of concern.
Predictive analytics drive fraud modeling through our FraudSeeker™ tool
If you want to know where your organization is most susceptible to fraud, Breon & Associates has a unique tool we call FraudSeeker™ that can deliver the answer. In our forensic accounting practice, we have developed our own understanding of the various organizational data-points that indicate a higher propensity for fraud. We use FraudSeeker™ in fraud risk assessment and in our investigations of suspected fraud.
Contact Breon & Associates in Harrisburg for your internal fraud investigation
Company losses due to fraud are simply unacceptable. To pinpoint acts of fraud against your company and hold the wrongdoers accountable, Breon & Associates provides a wide range of proven forensic accounting services. With offices in Harrisburg and South Central PA, Breon & Associates provides business, accounting and tax services throughout Pennsylvania, New York, North Carolina and Florida. Call us at 1-888-516-8476 or 717-273-8626, or contact one of our offices online to schedule an appointment.
415 Market Street, Suite #205
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Camp Hill Office:
3461 Market Street, Ste 101
Camp Hill, PA 17011
901 Dawn Avenue, Suite A
Ephrata, PA 17522
3 Park Plaza, Suite 207
Wyomissing, PA 19610