Is “Deviant Workplace Behavior” Eroding Your Company Culture and Causing Preventable Losses?
Michael Breon reveals how your company can overcome seemingly intractable forces to enculturate ethics and protect your bottom line
Why do problems like sexual harassment and fraud persist despite aggressive efforts to counter them? In his white paper, Building an Ethical Corporate Culture to Mitigate Deviant Behavior and Prevent Fraud, Michael Breon explains why traditional approaches to these problems haven’t worked, and how taking a “people perspective” on these challenges can produce effective results.
The paper’s author, Michael Breon is an experienced CPA who is also a noted authority on fraud prevention. Mr. Breon is Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA). Breon & Associates offers this white paper free as a download for business owners who want to enjoy greater peace of mind and an improved bottom line.
Businesses today must deal with pervasive “deviant workplace behavior” which undermines the company’s culture and puts the organization at a higher risk of losses due to:
- Decreased productivity
- Property damage
- Various forms of liability, such as sexual harassment litigation
Too many businesses rely solely on process controls, failing to realize that those controls are only as good as the people administering them. An organization’s people may not have a sound ethical foundation, or they may have become susceptible to deviant behavior by working within a flawed corporate culture. But, if people present a dilemma, they also form the core of the solution.
Download the White Paper Today!
Our paper cites research confirming that when a company understands the causes of deviant behavior and commits to proactive steps that empower its people to behave ethically, the organization can reduce incidents of deviant behavior, create a more positive working environment, and improve its bottom line.
Learn how to design an ethics program to combat deviant behavior and advance your organization’s goals
A key component to our plan for building a better organization is to create a company-wide ethics program that accomplishes several core goals:
- Enlists the company’s HR Department to support management’s plan for making ethics central to processes related to hiring, assessing worker performance, and promoting employees
- Provides ethics training to workers during on-boarding and at other appropriate times
- Articulates the organization’s values clearly in a Code of Ethics and integrates those values into communications from management to workers at every level on an ongoing basis
- Welcomes feedback from workers on ethical issues in the workplace
- Provides channels and guidance for workers to deal with ethical dilemmas on the job
The positive results businesses can expect from such a program include:
- Stronger, more ethical leadership
- Improved communication from management to workers and from workers to management
- Enhanced clarity of purpose and greater employee buy-in to the organization’s mission
- Reduced stress and greater sense of belonging within the workforce
Within such an environment, employees are less likely to act out against the company and more likely to report violations of the company’s values. This means less deviant behavior, more problems nipped in the bud, and greater protection against losses due to deviant workplace behavior.
Contact Breon & Associates in Harrisburg to implement effective anti-fraud strategies
In addition to providing a wide range of highly professional accounting services, Breon & Associates specializes in fraud prevention and detection. Through advanced analytics, we can assess your risks and design an effective anti-fraud strategy, which often includes a comprehensive ethics program. With offices in Harrisburg and North Central PA, Breon & Associates provides business, accounting and tax services throughout Pennsylvania. Call us at 1-888-516-8476 or 717-273-8626, or contact one of our offices online to schedule an appointment.
415 Market Street, Suite #205
Harrisburg, PA 17101
North Central PA Office:
86 Municipal Drive
Avis, PA 17721-8941
Camp Hill Office:
3461 Market Street, Ste 101
Camp Hill, PA 17011